Thursday, January 3, 2013

First Thursday's Just For Fun: Monty Python, Or, "Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti."

While I was in high school, Monty Python was like a religion for me and my friends. I was only a minor adherent, mind you, but a couple of my friends were practically high priests. A few of them could and would, at the slightest suggestion, preach the litany of Python.

My tastes have changed a lot since the late 1980s, but I've never lost the Monty Python faith. In fact, I'd match my ability to recite scenes from heart against the best of my high school friends. Further, I had a minor Monty Python marathon over the winter break. A couple of movies and then many MANY episodes of "Flying Circus." Of course, not every skit or every bit within the movies is worth revisiting, but there is so much comedy gold that I decided to make it the focus of my "Just For Fun" post for January.

"And now for something [not so] completely different," a smattering of my favorite bits, skits, and moments from the movies and series:

"Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti."




"The llama is a quadruped."



"Toad the Wet Sprocket"



"Cardinal Fang, fetch... THE COMFY CHAIR!"



There are so many others that I love, but if I were to share them all it would take all day. I'd rather leave it at these four and ask about your favorites. So, share away in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment