Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Six Years of Letters


Can you believe I've been writing this blog for six years now? SIX YEARS? Every time my bloggiversary comes around, it startles me to think about the time I've invested in shaking my fist at the world. And, yes, I still think of this blog as me yelling into the void about things that are important to me.

Anyway, for this anniversary - beyond my giveaway contest (details below) - I thought I'd share a list of some of my favorite things I've written here. These are posts that I think really hit the mark on what I was trying to say.

So now it's time for the contest. This year all you have to do is tell me which LtaYL post is your favorite (so long as it's not something you wrote). You can comment here or on Twitter or Tumblr, just make sure if it's not here that you tag me in some way. Also make sure I know how to get in touch with you. You'll win a $50 donation to the book-based charity of your choice and a book for you of my choice (to be determined once I pick a random winner). The deadline for submissions is June 12, 11:59, Eastern Daylight Time.

And, as always, thank you so much for continuing to read my rants. I'd probably write this blog anyway without an audience, but having one makes it more fun.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite is Emotional Labor & Mental Health in the Library. It's an important topic that isn't talked about enough. You can reach me at amandaeperrine@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like many of your posts. One of those I still keep thinking about – because it's about a topic I have to do with in my job – is "My Milk Bowl Brings All the Cats to the Yard: Some Thoughts on Faculty Outreach", http://letterstoayounglibrarian.blogspot.de/2017/03/my-milk-bowl-brings-all-cats-to-yard.html
    @v_i_o_l_a

    ReplyDelete